Job Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Location: Head Office, Cardiff/Hybrid/Remote
Type: Part-time (22.5 hours per week), Permanent
Company: Run 4 Wales Ltd
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Run 4 Wales (R4W), the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events including the Cardiff Half Marathon, is looking for an enthusiastic Finance Assistant to join their busy team.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking company, who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a part-time position worked flexibly (preferably over 3 days a week), as well as event weekends (with time in lieu offered for event weekends).
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re a close-knit team. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unforgettable experience for the tens of thousands of people who attend our events each year.
We love what we do and approach our ambitious goals with hospitality, humour and a unique set of shared values. As well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of benefits:
- Generous holiday allowance, for a healthy work/life balance
- Time off in lieu given for any weekends work
- 3 additional paid days off over the Christmas holidays
- Part and flexible working opportunities
- Company handset and calls/data
- Flexible options for parents or those looking to take the trip of a lifetime
- Flexible working arrangements
- 40 hours of training and development available for every team member
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay available
- Tax-efficient scheme for childcare vouchers, bikes and clothing
- Showers available for those choosing to run, walk or cycle to work
- Confidential independent counselling and advice
- Three days a year to give back to the community
- Free annual eye test
Assisting the Finance Manager in all financial and administrative functions to ensure that the organisation’s financial health is maintained, and resources are used appropriately.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working directly with the Finance Manager and supporting them in their role by maintaining accurate financial records.
- Entering financial data into the system.
- Updating financial records.
- Checking figures, postings, and documents for accuracy.
- Maintaining files and records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Recording, storing, accessing, and analysing computerised financial information.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager.
- Creating, sending, and following up on invoices.
- Reviewing and adhering to department budgets.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in creating financial reports on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
- Suggesting changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent alternative), or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge/experience of using a Finance system (Desirable)
- Business Administration qualification (Desirable)
- Proven experience in an administrative or support role
- Previous experience in a Finance environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent data entry skills and a talent for numerical coding
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong team player skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent numerical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Initiative and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accurate and proactive
- Ability to work event weekends (7 per year currently)
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so please complete the short application form and equality form and attach your up-to-date CV. In your application please let us know why you believe you are suitable for the role, evidencing against the job description and skills and experience required for this role.
Submit: Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: For your application to be fully considered please ensure your application reaches Run 4 Wales by the deadline of 17 June 2022
We will continually review applications as they are submitted and reserve the right to invite candidates to interview or fill the position before the deadline date.
Interviews will take place in Cardiff on the week commencing 27 June.
Due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications or provide feedback to candidates who are not selected for interview.
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups. If you require assistance with your application, please contact us via email at email@example.com,or write to us at Run 4 Wales, Capital Retail Park, Pod 1, Leckwith Rd, Cardiff, CF11 8EG.