Job Title: Event Operations Assistant
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 depending on experience
Location: Office-based, Cardiff Capital Retail Park
Contract: Fixed-Term, 12 months (full-time)
opportunities for extension and willing to consider freelance, part-time or shorter-term contracts
Company: Run 4 Wales Ltd
Reporting To: Production Manager
Run 4 Wales, the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events – including the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon – is looking for an enthusiastic Event Operations Assistant to join their busy team.
Excellent time management, organisation and planning skills are essential, whist previous on-site event experience is an advantage.
The Event Operations Assistant will be an integral part of the event operations team, supporting the production manager and event managers in the successful delivery of a range of sporting events throughout the year. Run 4 Wales currently delivers the Cardiff Bay Run, Newport Wales Marathon and 10K, Porthcawl 10K, Barry Island 10K, Dell Technologies Management Challenge and the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon.
Tasks are mainly administrative, but they will be varied, challenging and time critical (especially around event delivery times) which will include operational plans, logistics and on-site manual handling. The successful applicant will need to be a quick-thinker who is able to think ahead and proactively solve operational challenges.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking Welsh events company who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday during regular office hours (09:00-17:00) as well as up to 10 event weekends for which time off in lieu is offered.
What we offer staff:
We’re a close-knit team. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unforgettable experience for the tens of thousands of people who attend our events each year.
We love what we do and approach our ambitious goals with hospitality, humour and a unique set of shared values.
As well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of benefits:
- Generous holiday allowance, for a healthy work/life balance
- Time off in lieu given for any weekends work
- 3 additional paid days off over the Christmas holidays
- Part and flexible working opportunities
- Company handset and calls/data
- Flexible options for parents or those looking to take the trip of a lifetime
- Flexible working arrangements
- 40 hours of training and development available for every team member
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay available
- Tax-efficient scheme for childcare vouchers, bikes and clothing
- Showers available for those choosing to run, walk or cycle to work
- Confidential independent counselling and advice
- Three days a year to give back to the community
- Free annual eye test
- Develop a good working knowledge of all Run4Wales’ events, with the aim of improving the events further within the company’s ethos and ambitions.
- Prepare schedules and detailed logistical plans.
- Assist in the management of event crew and freelancers.
- Assist event managers in event bookings and event coordination.
- Manage and log the use of operational resources and equipment in our warehouse and on site.
- Run errands, deliveries and tasks, as and when requested by the R4W operational team.
- Liaise with contractors, strategic partners and suppliers on documentation and bookings.
- Support the management of on-site event builds alongside the production manager.
- Conduct event-wide research and development, particularly around sustainable events.
- Manual handling and office administration.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: listening, written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- UK driving license
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly across different project areas
- Calm under pressure, with an ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Must enjoy and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent IT skills on a range or software.
- Knowledge or experience of event delivery or project management practices
- A good knowledge of site equipment (vehicles, barriers, PPE, safety equipment and tools).
- Experience of large-scale event delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of event health and safety practices.
- Knowledge or interest in the mass participation sport/events market.
- An interest in an active lifestyle.
- Understanding of project management methodology
- AutoCAD or Adobe products useful.
- Welsh speaking.
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so please complete the short application form and equality form and attach your up-to-date CV. In your application please let us know why you believe you are suitable for the role, evidencing against the job description and skills and experience required for this role.
Submit: Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: For your application to be fullyconsidered please ensure your application reaches Run 4 Wales by the deadline of 12 noon on Friday 21 January.
We will continually review applications as they are submitted and reserve the right to invite candidates to interview or fill the position before the deadline date.
Due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications or provide feedback to candidates who are not selected for interview.
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups. If you require assistance with your application, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or write to usatRun 4 Wales, Capital Retail Park, Pod 1, Leckwith Rd, Cardiff, CF11 8EG.
The data you provide to us in your application will be processed by Run 4 Wales for recruitment purposes only. If you are successful in your application, this information may be retained and further processed within your personal records in accordance with our employee data privacy policies.