Virtual Cardiff Half Launched For 2021
Following the disappointing news that the 2021 Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon has to be postponed from October until the Spring of 2022, we are excited to launch a new inclusive virtual event to fill the usual autumn slot between 1-3 October 2021.
The Virtual Cardiff Half will be a chance to celebrate everything great about the CHM, be free to enter and open to all.
Sign-ups can choose to walk, jog or run the 13.1 mile distance and have the opportunity to purchase an optional experience pack which will include a race number and commemorative official t-shirt to wear during the virtual race, as well as finishers medal.
All participants will gain access to the virtual results platform to log their finish time and enjoy exclusive early access to the launch of the 19th edition of the Cardiff Half Marathon (scheduled for October 2022).
FREE ENTRY – WHAT’S INCLUDED
• Access to the online virtual results platform to log finish times
• Inclusion on the official results
• The opportunity to win prizes from event partners
• Exclusive early access to the launch of the 19th edition of the race (scheduled for October 2022
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCE PACK £15
• An official virtual CHM race number, to pin to your shirt on the day
• A commemorative official t-shirt to wear during and after the race
• Official 2021 finishers medal
• Postage and packing
HOW IT WORKS
You can participate from any outdoor location, or on a treadmill from any worldwide location. You’ll just need to collect some supporting evidence that you have covered the 13.1 mile distance such as a photograph of gym equipment or a screenshot from a fitness tracker or GPS activity.
The race will run between 1 – 3 October 2021. You can participate any time during this window but must submit your results and supporting evidence by midnight on 4 October.Back to news